Baja Designs is a well-known 25+ year-old manufacturer of off-road lighting solutions. We are looking for an off-road enthusiast to join our Accounting Team as an Accounting Assistant.
Our accounting department is actively pursuing a strong Accounting Assistant with a basic understanding of Accounting principles, expertise working with Microsoft Excel, experience with payment reconciliation, and has strong customer service and administrative skills. A successful candidate should also be extremely organized, strong time management skills, a quick learner who is never afraid to ask questions, and has a basic understanding of manufacturing and inventory control.
The Accounting Assistant will assist Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable daily, and report to the Accounting Manager.
Responsibilities for Accounting Assistant
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Daily credit card reconciliation
- Check payment entry
- Managing customer account balances
- Daily double-checks
- Entering assemblies and assist with receiving
- Filing, data entry
- Answering multi-line phone system to assist customers
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion
- Maintain the confidentiality of all financial data
Qualifications for Accounting Assistant
- 1+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent 10-key skills
- Critical thinking skills and attention to detail are essential
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experience working with an ERP system recommended
- Ability to multitask and remain focused, self-motivated and positive
- Committed to working efficiently and accurately
- Professional manner and strong ethical code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
- Discipline to follow-up on tasks and goals
About Baja Designs
Baja Designs is growing! We are seeking an organized and enthusiastic individual that is detail oriented and is looking to create a career within the off-road industry. This is a growth opportunity with room for advancement through mentorship.
Compensation and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance; employer paid dental, vision, disability, life and AD&D; 401K with a generous company match; tuition assistance; holiday and vacation time; casual work environment.
90-day review with eligibility for a performance-based raise.