This is a hands on Mechanical Engineer position familiar with the design and manufacture of steel, stainless steel and aluminum sheet & tube products. Specific product lines may include: Truck/SUV exterior accessories, trailer hitches, truck racks and commercial vehicle accessories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
New Product Development: Responsibilities will be in the design of exterior truck and commercial accessories from concept, fabrication of prototypes, through release to manufacturing facilities or to offshore vendors. The modeling environment will be in Solid Works working with hard part development in the company fabrication/tech center. New product work will cause interaction with Sales/Marketing and other corporate departments.
Product Extensions: Work will be performed to extend the existing product lines to adapt to the latest truck platform variations by trim and model year to ensure all product lines remains current for the company catalog. This involves working with local truck and SUV dealerships to test fit product at off site locations as well as in the company fabrication/tech center. Any design revisions for the newer truck variants are developed and documented into ECO product releases.
Product Design Validation and Verification, (V&V): Must ensure that specific designs meet all applicable internal, state, and federal specifications and safety standards. Also, this requirement involves the evaluation of out sourced product First Article samples to ensure drawing compliance. This task involves the areas of dimensional checks as well as fit and finish to verify the product meets company standards and quality performance characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
· BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
· 3-5 years minimum experience or internship in a related field is a plus.
· Must be a hands on engineer with mechanical aptitude familiar with steel and aluminum component design and manufacturing involving the areas of tube bending, machining, welding, and fabrication. Should have the ability to operate standard metal shop fabricating equipment.
· 3-5 years of experience using Solidworks sheet metal design required.
· Ability to run Solid Works Simulation Finite Element Analysis (FEA), software or similar.
· Should be capable in all standard Windows Office software.
· Good Communication skills; Oral, Written, & Report Writing.
Westin® Automotive (“Westin”) is an aftermarket product manufacturer and parent company of brands including FEY®, Wade™, Brute™, HDX™ and Snyper Westin Offroad products. Westin designs and delivers automotive products that give you the look and function you need to fit your active lifestyle. When you choose Westin®, you roll with style. Innovation, passion and consistency have made Westin one of the industry’s leading manufacturers for nearly 40 years. Our diverse range of products is backed by a superior manufacturer warranty. When it comes to your vehicle, Westin is the name you can trust.
Westin Automotive products are proudly designed, tested and engineered at its headquarters in San Dimas, California, USA. Westin Automotive has over 70 employees located among four states in the USA.